Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes



It’s the Dopeys again! Today we woke up at 4:30am and got ready very quickly to begin our journey into the Grand Canyon to see the sunrise! Participants had the option to do a 2 mile, 3 mile, or 6 mile hike. We packed snacks including pb&j, oranges, bagels and peanut butter crackers. Everyone went on their selected hike and saw the beauty that is the Grand Canyon! As everyone returned at varying times, we called home for the first time, did laundry and took our showers before eating the world-famous Deaton Stew.

 

“Experiencing the Grand Canyon was just so surreal! I hiked the 6 mile trek and after getting back up to the top I felt so accomplished and was so proud of myself for being able to do all that I did.” -Makyna Grace Rouse, Sanford, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon is by far one of the most breathtaking sights I’ve ever seen. I did the six mile hike and it was one of the most challenging, but fun thing I could’ve done. It was truly an experience like no other and I couldn’t be more grateful I got the opportunity to do it.” -Marin Cahill, Davidson, NC

 

  “The whole ‘Grand Canyon’ experience was so very special to me. Not only did I get to see the beautiful canyon, but I also grew closer to those with me.”

-Wriston Griffin, Monroe, NC

 

“Running up to the Grand Canyon was the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen in my life. Hiking the 3 mile made me so happy to take every moment in of the Grand Canyon and how this is a one life experience.”

-Maggie Simmons, Whiteville, NC

 

“Hiking the Grand Canyon caused me to step outside of my comfort zone both mentally and physically. Very thankful for my friends and Powerade for pushing me through this treacherous hike. It was worth it. I will never be hiking again though.”

-Merrily Tew, Gastonia, NC

 

“Nothing can possibly compare to the immense stretch of towering, bright crimson sandstone towers that create the Grand Canyon. I had the time of my life hiking, even though the number of times I tripped totaled 12. I’m not injured though, so it’s okay.”

– Charlotte Crowell, High Point, NC

 

“Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time was truly such an unforgettable experience. My expectations were exceeded and I’m so thankful to have had this experience!”

– Brynn Dodge, Chapel Hill, NC

 

“Although I’m not much of a morning person, waking up at 4am to see that beautiful sunrise was absolutely worth it. The hike was truly spectacular and something I’ll cherish for a lifetime”

-Rachel Campbell, Raleigh, NC

 

“I decided to do the 6-mile hike which was much harder than I had expected but it was so worth the trip. It truly intertwined with nature.”

-Stetson McDaniel, Kings Mountain, NC

 

“As I gazed upon the gemstone of our country, I lost my breath seeing vibrant colors paint and dance upon the stones. And then I had to poop.”

-Ethan “Fantabulous” Parkhurst,  Mooresville, NC

 

“The site of the Grand Canyon was really grand. As I got down in my hike I looked left and right and saw the beautiful and magnificent view of rocks all around me. Honestly after the first mile you don’t really see too much change, unless you do the 18.”

-TJ Garner, Union, SC

 

“It was fantabulous and immaculate.”

-Ella-chase Leavitt, Charlotte, NC

 

“Waking up at 4:30 am I didn’t expect such a marvelous experience and adventure hiking the Grand Canyon.”

-Matthew Robeson, Charlotte, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon can only be described as weird. I’m still convinced it is fake. Unless I touch every rock in that canyon, I’m still going to be confused by it- but it was still pretty cool.”

-Phoebe Clutter, High Point, NC

 

‘The mule poop smelled awful. I probably could have done the 6 miles but I was fine doing 3. The views were amazing.”

-Grant Riser, Mooresville, NC

 

“No matter where you stood, the entire canyon took your breath away. The hike also took my breath away but it was totally worth it.”

-Corbin Barber, Salisbury, NC

 

“I could have kissed the ground when I came out. But the view was so amazing and truly one of the best experiences I have had in a long time.”

-Carly Hegwer, Sanford, NC

 

“The 6 mile hike was amazing, especially the last mile where you are completely dead inside and out. The views were amazing, 100% would do again.”

-Zachary Lewis, Reidsville, NC

 

“I did the 3 mile hike and the views were amazing. I especially loved shouting at Kevin from the trails above.”

-Charlie Foy, Hampton, SC

 

“I did the 6 mile, and it was great. Going down is no problem but going up can be a little stressful. But I wouldn’t change a thing because it was beautiful.”

-Sentrelle Graves, Reidsville, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon was absolutely magnificent. The hike was pretty hard coming back out but it was worth every second. I am going to convince my family to bring us back here as soon as possible”

-Abigail Mitchell, Matthews, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon was absolutely stunning! We struggled a little on the way back up but we chalked our stops up to just looking at the views which was just breath taking.”

-Libby Shaw, Dallas, NC

 

“My favorite part of The Grand Canyon was being able to connect with the group that I was hiking with and finding out new things about them and their lives outside of TWB.”

-Kate Simpson, Winston Salem, NC

“The Grand Canyon hike was something I have always wanted to do. It absolutely met my expectations and blew my mind. I would recommend anyone to hike the Grand Canyon if possible”

-Dakota Hooks, Whiteville, NC

 

“My favorite part of the hike today was beating Evan Black. It was my motivation to finish running, lol, and I did it! Proud of the group as a whole.”

-Macy McAlister, Greensboro, NC

 

“I hiked the Grand Canyons 6 mile, and it was amazing. My favorite part was beating Macy and singing the rocky them song while beating her!”

-Evan Black. Mt. Holly, NC

 

“Even though we had to wake up early, it was worth it. The walk was tough but not as challenging as I expected it to be. Overall, it was an amazing experience and would love to do it again!”

-Emilio Saiz, Gastonia, NC

 

“When I first saw the Grand Canyon, it was breath taking. I did the six-mile hike and did it under 3 hours because I stayed in the back to make sure I saw all of the Grand Canyon and to make I absorbed as much of it I can.”

-Jacob Gregory, Union, SC

 

“Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time was absolutely breathtaking and beautiful! The walk down was a breeze butttt that walk up very much not…. The view made up for it though definitely! And deaton stew messes up the bowel movement.” – Anna Jenkins, Gastonia, NC

 

“It was breathtaking and a fun hike. We made it fun with chants to Kevin and Grant.” -Aiden Faust, Gastonia, NC

 

“I don’t know what was better, the Canyon or making friends with an elk.” -Connor Scheer, Concord, NC

 

“The squirrels were so fat.” -Sadie Allyn Kiser, Denver, NC

 

“My dust tan line was better than the real ones” -Nathan Rocheleau, Elon, NC

 

“Safe to say I accidentally got inches away from an elk, at least it was not the canyon edge”.

-Ainsley VanderMeer, Cramerton, NC

 

“Although we woke up extremely early to hike a massive hole in the ground, the experience was unimaginable, and the beauty of the canyon cannot be described to anyone. The people in this environment, being TWB, are special to me and everyone else, for they gave us the opportunity to travel across America and witness the impeccable excellence of our country.”

-Sarah Felton, Raleigh, NC

 

“The hike was hard, but the views were so worth it.”

-Ellie Reuter, Mooresville, NC

 

“I felt like I was dying hiking back up the canyon, but at least I had a great view.” -Ollie Miller, Sanford, NC

 

“The views of the canyon were great, the hike was difficult, but getting this experience was amazing.” – Sophie Miller, Sanford, NC

 

“Going into the Canyon was a once in a lifetime experience to witness and was even better doing it with these amazing people and friends.” -Madison Lee, Mount Holly, NC

 

“Ms. V made me eternally scared of Grand Canyon squirrels.”  - Annaliese Nelli, Greenville, SC

 

“Amazing experience and the most beautiful view, but the way up was really hard!” -Bailey Allen, Elon, NC

 

“6-mile hike was 100% worth it!! Even if we struggled a little on the way up! It was cool when you finally looked up at the view after a while of trying to make sure you didn’t trip.” – Carson Buie, Laurinburg, NC

 

“I definitely was only taking breaks to look at the immaculate views of the canyon. No other reason.” -Samantha Weber, Mooresville, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon was breath-taking!! (and not just because we were going up hill lol).” – Jaclyn Harrison, Lincolnton, NC

 

“I hiked the 6 miles; it was 100% worth it. The views were amazing, and it was so fun to share the experience with all of my new friends. - Lily Goldstein, Mooresville, NC

 

“Hiking the Grand Canyon is such a unique bonding experience and it’s such a beautiful view, but the hike up killed my legs and by the end I was singing Party In The USA for motivation.” –Sarah Shiflet, Gastonia NC

 

“After the three-mile hike to the bottom, it was peaceful sitting on a rock with all my new friends and looking at the beautiful expanse of the Grand Canyon. 10/10 would do again.” Logan Jones, Denver, NC

 

“Definitely splurging for the mule ride next time.” – Maggie Bassinger, Mooresville, NC

 

“It was really cool to go again and actually hike down into the canyon. Definitely want to come back and either ride a mule or do the 9 mile hike.” – Henry Eisenhuth, Belmont NC

“The views were so amazing that it was worth getting up early!”  -MJ Brewer

 

“Super beautiful going down, definitely don’t recommend if you’re just going for the views because you still have to make it all the way back up.” -Abby Overton

 

“ it was very beautiful and a lot bigger than I ever imagined. Jake Concord NC

“It was the view of a lifetime and I’m glad I did it when I was done with the canyon. It is truly grand and hopefully I’ll go back one day to go deeper into the canyon. Truly spectacular!” -Harris Wilkinson, Sanford NC

 

“The hike was long and difficult.” -Harrison Carter, Wilmington, NC

 

“The Grand Canyon is a lot like the pretty popular girls at school, great to look at, ut awful once you get involved with it.” -Hayden Love, Concord, NC

 

“The dogs got a little dusty…” -Emily Lewis, Reidsville, NC

 

“Best cardio of my life.” -Sam Inman, Lake Waccamaw, NC

 

“Jaw dropping experience that will forever be unforgettable!” -Riley Brennan, Fort Mill, SC

 

“It was beautiful and absolutely unforgettable, especially since my sore legs keep reminding me.” -Emma Gould, Raleigh, NC

 

“Amazing hike for an amazing view.” -Daniel Kalinina, Mooresville, NC

 

“Not the biggest hiker but the canyon was definitely an exception!” -Tripp Current, Gastonia, NC